Adding to the charitable momentum in Maine
The Bank is committed to the support of organizations and activities that advance community development and improve the quality of life in our Maine communities. Our corporate charitable giving has a focus in the following areas:
- Initiatives that raise student aspirations at the primary, secondary, and post-secondary levels.
- Programs that transfer knowledge in specific skill sets such as public speaking and economics.
- Initiatives that support education through dissemination of information.
Social and Civic Services
- Activities directed at improving quality of life in the communities we serve.
Culture and Arts
- Initiatives supporting creative arts that educate and entertain while providing a forum for local talent. Activities that enhance the role of art organizations as economic enterprises.
Health and Wellness
- Unduplicated programs essential to the underlying medical care of a community.
- Initiatives focusing on physical and mental wellness for people of all ages.
A United Way Supporter
- Bangor Savings Bank is a long-term supporter and corporate contributor to United Way programs in Maine. The Bank also recognizes the importance of setting a positive example for Maine-based companies by supporting local rather than national charities with both corporate contributions and service commitments from its employees.
- In 2011, Bangor Savings Bank employees contributed over $77,000 to United Ways state-wide through an all-employee campaign in the fall. The Bank’s corporate contribution to United Ways totaled $65,250 for the 2011 campaign.
Corporate Giving - Funding Application
To apply for funding, please submit a written request with a short summary of the project or program for which funding is sought. Send requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
c/o Bangor Savings Bank
P.O. Box 930
Bangor, Maine 04402
For additional information, call 1.877.Bangor1 (1.877.226.4671).